Florida Short Term Vacation Rental Agreement
Upon the terms and conditions herein stated, this Vacation Rental Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into between Daniel Tabatabai (“Manager/Owner”) and the Guest identified below (“Guest”). Guest Information:
Home Phone: ___________________ Office Phone: __________________
Cell: ___________________________ E-mail: ________________________________
If paid by PayPal: PayPal E-mail Account: ___________________________________
1. Term: This Agreement is for a Term beginning on ____, ________, 2017
(“Arrival Date”) and ending on ____, ______, 2017 (‘Departure Date”)
Check-in is 4:00 p.m. and Checkout is 11:00 a.m.
2. Property: The vacation rental property (“Property”) is:
Located in Manasota Key
3. Occupancy Limit: The maximum number of guests allowed at the Property
At any one time 6-8
We do not require security deposit; Tenants are responsible for any damages to property structures, appliances, TV's, sewer backup, etc. If Travel Insurance was NOT added to your agreement and you wish to purchase Travel Insurance, please email or call us immediately. Cost of this insurance is $49/stay.
If you do not wish to purchase Travel Insurance, please sign below
______I do not want Travel Insurance
Authorized Guest Signature
Page 1 of 4 Initial ___________
4. Rental Amount, Fees and Payments: It is hereby agreed that the Rent and Fees for the Property are as follows:
Total Term Rental Amount $00.00 includes Cleaning, Pool-Spa heat, Wi-Fi, Taxes.
Reservation Deposit of 50% due on or before ____, 2017
Final Payment of $ 00.00 due on or before arrival date.
Access to property will be provided to Guest at the time of Final Payment. When total Amount Due is paid in full; property owner will meet with you at the time you arrive so that you can enter the Property on the Arrival Date stated above. The Reservation Deposit is required to be paid at the time this Agreement is signed and returned to Owner. No Reservation is effective until receipt of Final Payment. Any check returned by the bank for whatever reason will be charged a $40 statutory free and possible cancellation of Reservation and all rights and privileges hereunder.
5. Traveler Insurance: If Travel Insurance was NOT added to your agreement and was waved in paragraph #3
(a) The Guest is responsible for intentional damage, theft, unauthorized pets, extensive cleaning required at check-out, smoking inside, exceeding occupancy limit and any other charges/policies in Owner Rental Policies and Rental Agreement including any fines imposed on Owner by the City, County, State as the result of violation of any law, ordinance, rule or regulation or any fines or cost levied against Guest or visitors of Guest. Owner must be notified prior to departure to perform final inspection. And inform Guest of possible damages caused during guest stay. Guest, by signing below, assumes full responsibility for any items found to be missing and any damage due to misuse, negligence or action on Guest's or Guest’s visitors part, except in the case of normal wear-and tear reported to Owner prior to departure date.
(b) If, for any reason, the Guest cancels this Agreement at ant time, the Reservation Deposit will not be refunded unless Owner is able to re-rent the Property under the same (or better) terms and conditions of this Agreement, for the full Term reserved. If the Property is re-rented under the same (or better) terms and conditions than this Agreement, Owner will refund the full Reservation Deposit paid.
(c) No refund is due (or will be made) for inclement weather. Travel or Vacation Insurance is recommended to be obtained by Guest.
Page 2 of 4 Initial ___________
6. Repairs and maintenance: Repair and maintenance problems must be brought to Owner attention within 48 hours of occupancy or occurrence, or Guest will be held liable for all such damages or repairs. Owner will not be responsible for any unauthorized expenses incurred by Guest or his/her guests. Costs of needless or unauthorized service will be charged as Excess Damage Cost against the Guest. Maintenance responsibilities are as follows: Owner: Electricity, water, sewer, local
Basic cable, and initial supplies of toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, hand soap, Washer/Dryer/dishwasher detergent and garbage bags.
7. Pool Heater and Electric Usage: Property is equipped with electric heater for the spa and the pool for Guest comfort. Pool and spa temperatures are set by Owner at 80º to 90° Fahrenheit. Use of a higher temperature is available for additional fee. Owner asks that Guest act sensibly and responsibly with the use of the electric heater, and uses a solar blanket when the pool is not in use.
8. Smoking: Smoking is strictly forbidden inside the Property. Smoking is only allowed “outside”. Evidence of smoking inside the Property will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid.
9. Casualty or Destruction: Should the Property be destroyed or rendered uninhabitable by an Act of God (including, but not limited to, hurricanes, storms, floods or fires), or by environmental disaster, or loss of utilities prior to occupancy by Guest, this Agreement shall become null and void, and all payments made hereunder shall be refunded to Guest.
10. Noise Ordinance(s): The Property is located in a neighborhood, which has a "noise ordinance" in effect after dark. All Guests agree to respect the Noise Ordinance and to use common sense in keeping noise volume low after dark. Any police enforcement actions by the City, County are at the sole risk and expense of the registered Guest and may result in Excess Damage Cost and/or immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid.
11. Liability and Damage: Guest agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Owner harmless from any and all liability, claims, loss, property damage or expenses, arising by reason of any injury, death or damage sustained by any person, or to the property of any person, in or on the Property during the Term of this Agreement, including Guest, additional invitees or visitors of Guest, where such injury, death or damage is caused by a negligent or intentional act of Guest, additional guest or any of Guest’s visitors or invitees.
Page 3 of 4 Initial ___________
12. Cause for Eviction: The Guest and all parties with the Guest will be subject to immediate eviction from the Property if the Guest or parties of the Guest violate any terms of this Agreement, including but not limited to, violation of the occupancy limits, pet provision, smoking, noise ordinance or parking. In the event of eviction from the Property, the Guest shall forfeit all amounts paid and there will be no refund of money.
13. Attorney’s Fees and Costs: If Owner employs the services of an attorney to enforce any conditions of this Agreement, to collect any amounts due, the eviction of the Guest, or because Guest takes any action to recover deposits not due, Guest shall be liable to Owner for reasonable attorney's fees and costs incurred by Owner.
14. Short-Term Rental: It is expressly understood and agreed that this is a short-term vacation rental under the provisions of Chapter 509, Florida Statutes, and is not a lease or other long-term residential tenancy agreement. This Agreement is only for the licensed use of the Property for the stated Term. It creates no property rights in Guest and no rights to renewal or for recurring usage.
15. Falsified Reservations: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of Reservation Deposit and Final Balance.
16. Succession, Assignment: This Agreement is binding on, and the benefits inure to, the heirs and personal representatives of the parties. However, Guest hereunder may assign neither this Agreement nor any rights in whole or in part.
17. General Terms: This Agreement is made in, and shall be governed solely by the laws of, the State of Florida and Chapter 509, Florida Statutes. Venue for enforcement shall be Sarasota County, Florida. If any section, clause, paragraph or term of this Agreement is held or determined to be void, invalid or unenforceable, for any reason, all other terms, clauses or paragraphs herein shall be severed and remain in force and effect. This Agreement is taken in full compliance with federal, state and local Fair Housing Laws, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, country of origin, handicap or familial status. Guest is to be mindful that this Property is located in a residential neighborhood.
18. Acknowledgment: I/We understand and accept the terms and conditions on all pages of this Agreement.
Page 4 of 4Wenderstand and accept the terms and conditions on all pages of this Agreement.
Page 4 of 4